Friday, October 3, 2008
Maximus Aurelius
Its about time I acquaint y’all with our “bundle of joy”. His name is Maximus Aurelius – YES! Such a big name for a very tiny being…Been a month since I started looking for a puppy. Then I stopped and said I will not get one since the landlady was not so cool with the idea of having a dog in her house. (previous post) But then just last week, I felt like browsing again and checking out the online newspaper ads. This time I wanted to see the actual puppies and so targeted areas in my location. On Monday, 9/22 I saw three 4month old pure Yorkshire Terriers on J Street. The owner was selling them for $950 each. Before I went there, I told myself that it would not hurt to see them and find out how they look like. I did not have any intention of buying one because I thought it was too pricey for a dog! I went on with my search… Tuesday, 9/23 after work, we went to the next seller, on Olympic. There were 6 very cute ones. The dad was a pure Yorkie while the mom was a French Poodle. They were so adorable. The family who breed them were so nice and let me just mention they have a wonderful house! Very clean and organized! Cesar, the dad of the guy who put up the ad was very mellow and friendly. When I first saw the puppies, I could not stop thinking about them. Their asking price of $750 was still out of my budget so I was still hesitating. Practicing “the secret” I concentrated on the thought that I will get this puppy for the price I want and it will feel good having him in the house. I was aware that it was not going to be easy BUT I kept thinking of the joy and good things this puppy will bring to us. True enough, the next day when I am all going for it – I called Cesar and told him I would love to get one but I cannot afford to. He thought about it, talked to his wife and son and we were able to agree at $275. Wow huh! That night, Bu and I went straight to Pet Smart to buy some stuff for the new baby then afterwards we picked him up at the breeder’s. I don’t know how we were able to manage our expenses but somehow everything just fell into place. Mario paid for everything and I was very very thankful Friday 9/26, took him to his first visit to the vet and got his first set of shots.

Maximus' Firsts:
first bath! first visit to the vet..

I love to sleep a lot!

I'm scared of the vacuum cleaner!
So far so good... He is already potty trained yet sometimes he still could not help but pee on the carpet. Mario says he is still very new and in time he will learn. Even I myself is new to this.. I never had my own dog, yeah our family did but my mom and dad would take care of them. Not like now that I am solely responsible for him.. What we started doing was leaving him in the bathroom while we are at work. We improvised on the gate and used a folded balikbayan box to cover the entrance so he wont wander around the house. He cries for a good 30mins or so when I leave him in the morning then when we get home he is ecstatic to see us! We held off with the carpooling for the meantime since somebody has to stay behind and leave later so we won't bother the neighbors at 5am! And here is what happened yesterday when Mario came home.He is a good and smart puppy I just forgot to take out the toilet paper so he made a mess... I swear it is a huge responsibilty having a pet in the house almost like having a human baby! It will get better I know
 
posted by ibYang at 12:30 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home