Friday, October 24, 2008
Face 101
Yesterday morning when I woke up, first thing I saw on TV was the ad for Bare Escentuals mineral make-up. The whole day I was thinking about it. After consulting with Vesna here at work and of course the expert - Lisa, I was determined to get me a kit. I have to get the right shade that will match my skin tone so I was advised to go to the store and literally put it on. So I did. However, after attempts and experiments on my face, we did not get the right shade. For some reason, the make up is not blending in with my skin. They said because it was too dry? Yeah it was dry.. I don't use any moisturizers - just petroleum jelly around the dry area and alcohol when my forehead feels oily after a long day Haha No facial soap - just the regular bar soap when I take a shower. Bad! Anyway, I was very well educated by the so-called skin experts of Sephora - I don't know if they were just doing sales talk on me but it did make me realize I have not done - that's taking care of my skin. Here are the important products we, women should always have:

  • cleanser
  • toner
  • moisturizer
  • exfoliating product

The lady told me I SHOULD exfoliate 2-3x a week then cleanse, tone and moisturize everyday! And my day moisturizer SHOULD have SPF for sun protection. Ok I have never had a regimen all these years 1. I am lazy. 2. I don't want to spend a lot of money. But after consulting with them and talking to girl friends, I found out I am the only girl who is actually NOT doing this. And so I promised myself I will start taking care of my skin. It does not really have to be costly to do so, you just have to choose and try the product that will work best for you. And so I found my match... Skin Care will be a part of my day. Actually, yesterday I was given samples to use and I will come back to purchase the real deal. Just the basics... Nothing crazy - remember! I have a budget :) Vesna saw the difference today when I came in for work, she said my face was glowing and I don't even need to put on make-up. Honestly, my face did feel softer and tighter and felt hydrated. Maybe I don't need make-up after all...

 
posted by ibYang at 3:11 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home