So what did I do on my birthday? First celebration was at our favorite Super Buffet dinner with Bu, his dad and his grandma (already in my previous post).
Right after Bu’s birthday we were already definite with driving up to Fresno for Thanksgiving weekend. I wanted to see my family up there and spend time at the house with the dogs and just chill!
We drove up after work on the 26th, got there about 10pm, I stayed up until 3am chatting with Nash. The next day, Thanksgiving, we had a simple get-together lunch at Farmersville where Aunt Minnie and Nanay Eny live. We had an all-Filipino feast! Ooops except for out-of-menu dishes Auntie Minnie made – tacos and au gratin which she thought was mashed potatoes! Hahaha
Menu:
Lechon Kawali – Papa
Pansit Bihon - Nanay Eny
Rotisserie Chicken - Auntie Minnie
Tacos - Auntie Minnie
Au Gratin - Auntie Minnie
Compote Dessert – Mama
Pumpkin Pie – Ronald
Everything tasted good and its really nice celebrating the holidays with family. Afterwards they played mah-jong afterwards while I watched the dogs. Attendance check: Me, Nash, Ma & Pa, Auntie Minnie, Nanay Eny, Tito Jovy, Ronald, Maria and the 2 pets – Maximus and Jackie.

November 28th – MY BIRTHDAY!!!
Slept in a little bit then got ready for a hair appointment with my ever trusty hairdresser, Cathi! I got me color and haircut! I could not find a good stylist down here so when I found out about our trip; I scheduled myself in advance to make sure she can put me down on her calendar. So I got there by 1:30pm and got done by about 4pm. She takes time doing her clients and that’s what I like so much about her, she puts a lot of detail and she never rushes to get you done. Mario scheduled my birthday dinner at 6pm so to kill time; I went to Macys to pick up a pair of sunglasses I have been wanting to buy. I found it online and all the stores here were out of stock. I was told that Fresno still had a lot on their inventory. I was at the mall during Black Friday and it was not fun! Too crowded and a lot of shoppers! After 30mins of waiting for my pair, the sales person told me they couldn’t find the items I put on hold. I had a feeling this was going to happen so I already tried on some on the rack. I found an RL “Paris Hilton” style! Nash and I could not stop singing a line from the reality show BFF my best friend…
After the mall, I went straight to Japanese Kitchen for dinner. We reserved for a party of 20 and there were only 8 who showed up; Bu, me, Jimmy, Sophie, Sebastian, Honey (Jim’s dad), Joanelle and Marlen. Lesson learned: Don’t invite those people again! They were given plenty of time to RSVP but they flaked on us last minute. It just sucks when they weren’t answering their phones to tell us – hey I can’t come, sorry OR better yet don’t say yes then do a no show?! Oh well… I am still happy, the people there were the same people present every single year and I could not thank them enough.. 3 years and they have not flaked on me J
As far as my gifts, I got a Coach keychain (every year I get something from Coach – thanks to Sophie!), Victoria’s Secret stuff from Joanelle ( every year too!) A special huge candle from Marlen and of course…. A Movado watch from Bubu J my best gift was being here in Fresno then having dinner at my favorite sushi place and getting my hair done. I liked the gifts to myself, $120 hair and my RL sunglasses! 
When dinner was over, Marlen and I went to Dalila’s house to chat a bit while having Mimosa. Can’t drink too much for I have to drive faaaar! But it was fun… I really enjoyed my day.
November 29th
Totally did not make plans - just stayed home and cooked the 20 pound-turkey papa got from work. We saw this recipe from Oprah.com and thought it would be an easy one. Started prepping at 4pm then did not put in the oven until 5, got done roasting at about 11pm. It’s a huge bird and it takes a lot of patience for it needs basting every 30mins! It came out pretty good.. Not bad for someone who never cooked turkey before!


Slept in a little bit then got ready for a hair appointment with my ever trusty hairdresser, Cathi! I got me color and haircut! I could not find a good stylist down here so when I found out about our trip; I scheduled myself in advance to make sure she can put me down on her calendar. So I got there by 1:30pm and got done by about 4pm. She takes time doing her clients and that’s what I like so much about her, she puts a lot of detail and she never rushes to get you done. Mario scheduled my birthday dinner at 6pm so to kill time; I went to Macys to pick up a pair of sunglasses I have been wanting to buy. I found it online and all the stores here were out of stock. I was told that Fresno still had a lot on their inventory. I was at the mall during Black Friday and it was not fun! Too crowded and a lot of shoppers! After 30mins of waiting for my pair, the sales person told me they couldn’t find the items I put on hold. I had a feeling this was going to happen so I already tried on some on the rack. I found an RL “Paris Hilton” style! Nash and I could not stop singing a line from the reality show BFF my best friend…
After the mall, I went straight to Japanese Kitchen for dinner. We reserved for a party of 20 and there were only 8 who showed up; Bu, me, Jimmy, Sophie, Sebastian, Honey (Jim’s dad), Joanelle and Marlen. Lesson learned: Don’t invite those people again! They were given plenty of time to RSVP but they flaked on us last minute. It just sucks when they weren’t answering their phones to tell us – hey I can’t come, sorry OR better yet don’t say yes then do a no show?! Oh well… I am still happy, the people there were the same people present every single year and I could not thank them enough.. 3 years and they have not flaked on me J
As far as my gifts, I got a Coach keychain (every year I get something from Coach – thanks to Sophie!), Victoria’s Secret stuff from Joanelle ( every year too!) A special huge candle from Marlen and of course…. A Movado watch from Bubu J my best gift was being here in Fresno then having dinner at my favorite sushi place and getting my hair done. I liked the gifts to myself, $120 hair and my RL sunglasses! 
When dinner was over, Marlen and I went to Dalila’s house to chat a bit while having Mimosa. Can’t drink too much for I have to drive faaaar! But it was fun… I really enjoyed my day.
November 29th
Totally did not make plans - just stayed home and cooked the 20 pound-turkey papa got from work. We saw this recipe from Oprah.com and thought it would be an easy one. Started prepping at 4pm then did not put in the oven until 5, got done roasting at about 11pm. It’s a huge bird and it takes a lot of patience for it needs basting every 30mins! It came out pretty good.. Not bad for someone who never cooked turkey before!


We drove mama to work that night then went liquor store hopping after Hahaha I bought Nash and papa a huge bottle of 1.75 liter of Smirnoff vodka and Captain Morgan’s Spiced rum. I wanted Nash to taste the vodka mix I had during Joy’s get-together but we couldn’t find it anywhere. Maybe next time… We grabbed piña colada mix instead.. Still good though.
November 30th
It was time to go home… We had turkey cooked the day before for breakfast and some eggs and sausage. A big meal to last me the entire drive.. Bu picked me up at about 11am and our route was the longer one avoiding LA traffic.
It was time to go home… We had turkey cooked the day before for breakfast and some eggs and sausage. A big meal to last me the entire drive.. Bu picked me up at about 11am and our route was the longer one avoiding LA traffic.
I had a great time and I am glad I went home for the holidays. I have spent time with everybody I wanted to see, had dinner again at my favorite resto, had a fabulous haircut, not to forget our loving pets Maximus and Boogey spent time! I cannot be thankful enough for a wonderful weekend…

posted by ibYang at 10:58 AM |
Post a Comment